Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tuesday, October 25th

Mr. M was at an all day meeting today. Mr. Burlew stepped in. The agenda was:
  • Homework Review – Using the Virtual Money Museum link (on the blog), students reviewed their answers from the night before in regards to ancient forms of money.
  • Ancient Roman Coins – using the coins I give to you, allow the kids to hold/touch these ancient coins from 1500+ years ago. I usually have them gather around me. I will tell you a little bit about the coins.
  • Lesson – Money, Money, Money! Using the power point and notes, please teach the students about the Characteristics of Money and the Types of Money. I will email you the power point.
  • If there is any time remaining, in the past I have then taken some time to talk about the symbols all over the dollar bill. If possible, I will have about 18-20 dollar bills so the students can look at them up close. I will give you the information you can use to explain to them some of the mysterious symbols located on the back of the dollar bill.

Money Money Money 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment